Andy and the Slate Roof

Shed Roof
Having spent the week off work, I managed to finish the shed roof in slate which was a remarkable improvement from the corrigated iron roof before. I essentially built a wooden frame on top of the brickwork and then put on some roofing felt. Once that was tacked onto the frame, I then put some battons before laying the slate tiles on top. I managed to cut the tiles using an angle grinder with a brick/tile disk as I couldn’t complete a row with whole tiles. Once the last layer was on it was only a matter of finishing it off with the flashing. For this I cheated and got some cheaper flashing as lead was about £50 for a very small amount. 🙂 Now, it’s just a question of finding time to build the door…..